ROY J. WALTERS


I have been painting in oils since middle school. My inspiration initially came from artists who drew portraits at Jackson Square in New Orleans, Louisiana. I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Art Education from Alabama A&M University in 1972, and have traveled the country digesting the works of other artists. My appreciation for subtle colors was learned while I was in Southeast Asia in the sixties.


Mallard in Spring

My other endeavors include teaching art in Pensacola, Florida and doing commercial art in Mobile, Alabama. I have shown at Galleria Francini and Amsterdam Whitney Gallery in New York City. Have also shown at Whiting Art Gallery in Fairhope, Alabama, and Barnes and Noble Booksellers in Mobile. My paintings are owned by numerous private collectors. In 2001 the Mobile Register Newspaper commissioned me to do a painting for their permanent collection. Although my paintings are done representatively in terms of color and form, my emotional interpretations of the personalities of subjects are always attached. After all, it is the artist’s attraction to a scene’s personality that invokes a desire to begin painting that scene.

Boats at Sunburst


Contact Roy at royartist@bellsouth.net


No comments:

Post a Comment